Become A Brother
Why Join UNLV Sigmas
If you are looking to take full advantage of your time at UNLV, then you may want to consider joining the Greek system. Joining a fraternity is a very big decision that will affect someone for the rest of their lives.
In alignment with our organization’s mission and values, we support one another wholeheartedly in all of our endeavors, just as a family should. With that said, Brothers of Sigma Delta Alpha are committed not only to their own personal enrichment, but also to the betterment and welfare of their communities and fellow brothers.
Rush is an excellent opportunity for gentlemen interested in joining our fraternity to meet some of the brothers, and for us to meet them. Rushees are invited to attend a series of scheduled events, which may include sporting activities, dining out, and a party or kick back. You may view this semester’s rush schedule for more details.
While rushees are not required to attend all or most of these events, participation is greatly encouraged. The pledging process, which is required for fraternity membership, begins promptly after Rush.
Sigma Delta Alpha is an organization for motivated college men who aspire to make a positive impact in their communities and who demonstrate a strong commitment to our purposes. We take absolute pride in wearing our fraternity letters and in what they represent, and we do everything we can to ensure potential new members are aware of the responsibilities of brotherhood.
Although our members are predominantly Latino, all interested college men who meet our requirements are encouraged to apply. We are interested in the quality of a man’s character, not the color of his skin.
The first step to becoming a member is to apply for pledgeship. Pledgeship is an opportunity for potential new members to:
- Learn about ΣΔΑ’s history, traditions, constitution, bylaws, and values
- Get to know the brothers of ΣΔΑ
- Develop teamwork, leadership, and accountability skills within their pledge class
- Participate in community service events
- Establish relationships with campus and community leaders, as well as members of other Greek-letter organizations
In order to be considered for pledgeship, the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Cannot be a member of another Greek-letter social organization (professional fraternity, service fraternity, and honor society membership is permissible)
- Cannot pledge concurrently for a profesional fraternity and ΣΔΑ
- Cannot be under probationary status, as defined by university policy
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above (new students are exempt)
- Matriculated at the college or university where the chapter of interest is established. If you are not a student at UNLV, you may visit our national website for other options
Thanks for your interest in ΣΔΑ. If you meet our eligibility requirements and are interested in joining our organization, please complete and submit the membership interest form.
Brothers of Sigma Delta Alpha shall not participate in any acts of hazing and shall abide by all anti-hazing laws placed by the respective state where the chapter is located. Hazing is the degradation or endangerment of a person as a condition of association with a particular group or organization.